This page provides all available information about a document.
Note: If you have Document Manage privileges, you also see Modify, Delete and Add a Revision links after the document size. If the document has a comment(s) associated with it and you have Document Manage privileges, you see a Delete link after the comment name.
To view a group document's details:
- From All Groups under the Available Groups heading, click the name of the group containing the document whose details you want to view. This takes you to the home page for that group.
- Click the Documents tab. This takes you to the Documents page for that group.
- Find the document whose details you want to view. In the Action column for that document, click Details (if you have Document Manage privileges, click Manage). This takes you to the Document Details page for that document. This information is provided:
- Title - The text title of the document that was entered by the Submitter.
- Document Icon, Name and Size - Standard icons are used to identify the document type (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, text, executable, and so on). If Kavi Groups was unable to determine the type of document when it was uploaded, the generic icon is used. The document name is linked for viewing/downloading. The document name shown matches what the Submitter entered as the Title. The size is in KBytes or MBytes.
- Description - A brief description or notes about the document, provided by the Submitter.
- Group - The group that owns the document.
- Folder - The name of the group folder where the document is stored.
- Submitter - Name of the person who uploaded the document.
- Date Submitted - Date the document Submitter uploaded the document.
- Document State - Kavi Groups ships with two default states: Draft and Final. Your organization may also have custom states, reflecting your documentation review process (for example, "Proposal", "Reviewed by Marketing", "Passed by Engineering", and so on).
- Access - A list of all the groups with which this document is shared. Shared documents are available on the documents pages for groups with which the document is shared.
- Referenced Items (if any) - If items such as other documents, an Internet address, or an event were referenced by the Submitter when the document was uploaded, they are listed here, along with links to their details.
- Document Revisions (if any) - If the document is a revision of an existing document, the original document and all revisions are listed, with links to the documents and their details.
- Comments (if any) - Text provided by anyone who has reviewed the document. Listed for each comment are the name, full text of the comment, name of the person who submitted it, and the date it was submitted.