|IFX Forum License Agreement
AUTHORIZATION TO USE SPECIFICATIONS AND DOCUMENTATION
IMPORTANT: The IFX Forum, Inc. ("IFX") Message Specifications ("Specifications"), whether in paper or electronic format, are made available subject to the terms stated below. Please read the following carefully as it constitutes a binding Agreement, based on mutual consideration, on you and your company as licensee ("You").
1. Documentation. IFX provides the Specifications for voluntary use by individuals, partnerships, companies, corporations, organizations, and other entities at their own risk. The Specifications and any IFX supplied supporting information, data, or software in whatever medium in connection with the Specifications are referred to collectively as the "Documentation."
2. License Granted.
2.1. IFX holds all rights, including copyright, in and to the Documentation. IFX grants to You this perpetual, non-exclusive license to use the Documentation, subject to the conditions stated below. All use by You of the Documentation is subject to this Agreement.
2.2. You may copy, download, and distribute the Documentation and may modify the Documentation solely to allow for implementation in particular contexts. You may bundle the Documentation with individual or proprietary software and/or sublicense it in such configurations.
2.3. You must reference, in a commercially reasonable location, the fact that the IFX Documentation is used in connection with any of your products or services, in part or in whole, whether modified or not, and You may include truthful and accurate statements about Your relationship with IFX or other use of the Documentation.
2.4. However, you may not change or modify the Specification itself, develop a new standard or specification from the Documentation without the express written permission of IFX, or state or imply that any works based on the Documentation are endorsed or approved by IFX.
2.5. You must include the IFX copyright notice in connection with any use of the Documentation. Any uses of the IFX name and trademarks are subject to the terms of this Agreement and to prior review and approval by IFX.
2.6. Nothing in this Agreement shall be interpreted as conferring on You or any other party any other interest in or right to the Documentation. Nothing in this Agreement shall be interpreted as in any way reducing or limiting IFX's rights in the Documentation.
3. LIABILITY LIMITATIONS. THIS AGREEMENT IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING LIABILITY LIMITATIONS:
3.1. ANY DOCUMENTATION PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THIS NON-EXCLUSIVE LICENSE AGREEMENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND NEITHER IFX NOR ANY PERSON WHO HAS CONTRIBUTED TO THE CREATION, REVISION, OR MAINTENANCE OF THE DOCUMENTATION MAKES ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
3.2. Neither IFX nor any person who has contributed to the creation, revision or maintenance of the documentation makes any representations or warranties, express or implied, that the use of the documentation or software will not infringe any third party copyright, patent, patent application, trademark, trademark application, or other right.
3.3. Neither IFX nor any person who has contributed to the creation, revision, or maintenance of the documentation shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages or other liability arising from any use of the documentation or software. You agree not to file a lawsuit, make a claim, or take any other formal or informal action against IFX based upon Your acquisition, use, duplication, distribution, or exploitation of the Documentation.
3.4. The foregoing liability limitations shall apply to and be for the benefit of IFX, any person who has contributed to the creation, revision or maintenance of the documentation, and any member of the board of directors, officer, employee, independent contractor, agent, partner, or joint venturer of IFX or such person.
3.5. The Specifications and the Documentation are subject to change at any time and without any notice to IFX licensees or subscribers to the Documentation.
4. No Update Obligation. Nothing in this Agreement shall be interpreted as requiring IFX to provide You with updates, revisions or information about any development or action affecting the Documentation.
5. No Third Party Beneficiary Rights. This Agreement shall not create any third party beneficiary rights.
6. Application to Successors and Assignees. This Agreement shall apply to the use of the Documentation by any successor or assignee of the Licensee.
7. Term. The term of this license is perpetual subject to Your compliance with the terms of this Agreement, but IFX may terminate this License Agreement immediately upon your breach of this Agreement and, upon such termination you will cease all use duplication, distribution, and/or exploitation of the Documentation in any manner.
8. Interpretation and Choice of Forum. The law of the Commonwealth of Virginia and any applicable Federal law shall govern this Agreement. Any disputes arising from or relating to this Agreement shall be resolved in the courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia, including Federal courts. You consent to the jurisdiction of such courts and agree not to assert before such courts any objection to proceeding in such forum.
9. Acceptance. Your acceptance of this License Agreement will be indicated by your affirmative acquisition, use, duplication, distribution, or other exploitation of the Documentation. If you do not agree to these terms, please cease all use of the Documentation now.
10. Questions. Questions about the Agreement should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.